Are you tired and irritable all the time? Have you lost interest in your work, family, or hobbies? Are you having trouble sleeping and feeling angry or aggressive, sad, or worthless? Have you been feeling like this for weeks or months?
Both men and women get depression. But men can experience:
• More likely to feel very tired
• Lose interest in their work, family, or hobbies
• more likely to have difficulty sleeping
The symptoms of depression in women are the same as those for major depression.
• Appetite and weight changes
• Depressed mood
• Difficulty concentrating
• Feelings of guilt, hopelessness and worthlessness
• Loss of interest or pleasure in activities you used to enjoy
• Lack of energy and fatigue
• Sleep disturbance (sleeping more or sleeping less)
• Suicidal thoughts or recurrent thoughts of death
No matter what you may be facing it is important to consider finding psychological support if any of the above concerns are showing up. One of our therapists is here to support you.