Depression may be present when your child has:
- A persistent sad or irritable mood
- Loss of interest in things that used to make your child happy.
- A marked change in weight or eating (weight gain or loss).
- Sleep change - too much/little, sleeping through the day and not at night.
- No longer wanting to be with family or friends.
- A marked lack of energy.
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt.
- Low self-esteem.
- Trouble with focusing or making choices (drop in school grades).
- Not caring about what happens in the future.
- Aches and pains when nothing is really wrong.
- And even thoughts of death or suicide.
Any of these signs can occur in children who are not depressed, but when seeing these symptoms together they are red flags for depression. Our Child Psychologists are here to help. 780-449-1196