ADD and ADHD
Children and ADD
Attention deficit disorder (ADD) is a disorder that appears in early childhood, and we now know it can continue on into adulthood.
The three primary characteristics of ADD:
- Inattention, loss of focus, or short attention span
- Hyperactive, impulsivity, high energy, difficulty stay on task, or fidgeting.
- Inattention, hyperactive, impulsive, or quick decision making that may result in risky behaviour.
There are different types of ADD, and not all types look the same. Whether or not your child’s symptoms of inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity are due to ADD, they can cause many problems if left untreated:
- struggles in school
- get into frequent trouble
- find it hard to get along with others or make friends
- strain on family relationships
One of our child psychologist can help you and your child make sense of their ADD and help to find positive coping strategies. Call today to book an appointment: 780-449-1196