Boundary Management for Children
Boundaries for children fall into two main categories:
- Caregiver provides children boundaries to help keep them safe
- Caregiver and other adult supports teach children
- guidelines for behaviour
- help children to learn what is socially acceptable
- what is socially unacceptable behaviour
- to learn self-control and self-discipline
- to learn strategies to set limits for themselves.
Boundaries are a form of social skill and the goal of good boundaries is for to grow up into responsible, socially and emotionally intelligent adults.
Call for more information or to set up an appointment with one of our child psychologists. 780-449-1196